Who am I?
I learn fast and I love new frameworks/libraries, but I am not a follower of trends for the sake of hypes. I don’t require much, but I expect fair play and transparency.
I love new challenges and I believe I have done some interesting projects over the years, some of them I am really proud of. I am always keen to learn new things from the best out there.
Finally, I love mentoring junior developers, teaching them soft/hard skills to help them in their careers.
16 Countries Visited
500+ Posts Published
20.000 Cups Of Coffee
+1 million pictures taken
July 2021 – Present
Technical Lead & Manager
Cognizant (remotely from València, Spain)
- React.js Chapter Lead
- Analyzing & Developing solutions for international customers.
- Technical interviews.
- Mentoring and supporting.
- Manager: setting up goals and deliverables to my reportees regularly and following their progress.
- React Hooks
- React Native
- Amazon Web Services
- Git Flow
- Good Practices & Common Sense
April 2021 – July 2021
Lead Software Engineer
Capgemini Agile Delivery Center (València, Spain)
- After around 2 years of working for Capgemini as a freelancer, I am joining their Agile Delivery Center in Valencia, Spain.
March 2020 – March 2021
A Quuppa Partner Company (València, Spain)
- From March 2020 to October 2020: Senior Developer, React Native + GraphQL: I helped developing new features and improvements for the Swish App.
- From October 2020: Engineering Manager (Quuppa based projects) – I was promoted to this position to help with the development of key projects, being the link between Business and the Developers. Some of my responsibilities were:
- Help defining the products’ backlog based on the roadmap and Business needs
- Make sure that Developers have everything they need to do their work.
- Test third party integrations, create proof-of-concept examples to validate technical decisions..
- Help with development when needed.
- Train non-web developers and introduce them to React/Redux
- On-boarding of new team members
February 2017 – March 2020
- As a freelancer, I worked for several customers with different accountabilities. Mainly, I was a developer focused on the front-end (with some occasional back-end tasks), but in bigger projects I also had other roles:
- Product Owner: I helped maintaining the Projects’ backlog, specifying the Acceptance Criteria, Definition Of Done along with the stakeholders, and showing the iteration/sprint results to the customer.
- SCRUM Master: I helped with eventual blockers and keeping things going as smooth as possible.
- I also trained new employees and I was the interface between the external agency and the end client.
- Challenges: global projects, cultural differences, dealing with contractor teams with heavy rotation, working with legacy code with poor or non-existent documentation.
July 2019 – December 2019
Product Owner (contractor)
Flexxible IT – Leading a revolution in digital transformation
- Product Owner at Flexxible IT – Apps2Digital
- I helped implementing Agile methodologies (SCRUM/Kanban) and documenting the Product vision/roadmap for the development team.
- I provided Front-End training to internal employees.
July 2016 – January 2017
Blended Technologies (Barcelona, Spain)
- I joined a team of developers to help define Product Specifications, also translating them into technical requirements.
- Other tasks included requirement discovery & analysis for new projects.
2015 – 2016
Senior Front-End Developer
Bynder (Barcelona, Spain)
- Product Development with Backbone/Marionette and a big array of edgy front-end tools. I work as part of an international team, following agile methodologies, reporting to a Product Manager.
- I helped developing a revamped notifications system for their main product.
Senior Front-End Engineer
Code d’Azur (Barcelona, Spain)
- I worked as part of an international team, developing & deploying successful projects across several countries in Europe.
2012 – 2015
Front-End Developer (Team Lead)
NetCentric (Barcelona, Spain)
- I joined Netcentric when they were a very small startup. My main task was Front-End development, but soon I also became a Team Lead and as such I helped with recruitment, mentoring, shaping best practices, etc. Along with the Front-End Lead, we personally picked the best developers, some of them with little experience but with great potential, who have grown to be Senior Developers and even Architects.
- Global customers: we worked on global projects, collaborating with multicultural teams across different countries.
Altran Innovation (Barcelona, Spain)
2011 – 2012
Senior Technical Consultant
Gamesa (Pamplona, Spain)
- I helped creating their new Intranet and Customer Portals. I was also part of the team that put together the Employee Portal. Tasks developed included creating usability & design proposals, supervising outsourcing providers, testing & validating functional requirements.
- As a side project, I made a Social Media Strategy draft for the company.
2010 – 2011
Web Developer, Front-End Specialist
Everis (Barcelona, Spain)
- I started as a freelancer, helping newspaper La Vanguardia going bilingual (from Spanish only to Spanish & Catalan). I participated by creating a real time publishing monitor (front-end).
- Then I joined Everis as an employee. My role as a Specialist was to provide insight and the required knowledge in all phases of the development of a web portal, both for desktop and mobile browsers. That included gathering requirements from our customers, transforming concepts into visual designs (front-end development), choosing the proper technologies and frameworks, meeting usability & accessibility standards, as well as helping the team reaching the timings and goals. Also, developing the critic parts of the application, both server & client side (with an emphasis on client side) was among my daily responsibilities.
2008 – 2010
EBD Soft (Barcelona, Spain)
- Web Video Player Product Manager: Product Manager of a Web Video Player deployment project (http://www.ebdsoft.com), including the activities of defining new functionalities, Integration Analysis, prototyping, coordination of development, equipment provisioning and deployment. I was also responsible for the transition from pure Flash media visualisation to HTML5.
- Mobility Project: Development of a Website based on iPad requirements: EmprendedoresTV, the Spanish WebTV channel focused on business entrepreneurs, has evolved to achieve the iPad requirements as the first Spanish website full Apple compliant. The project scope has been Analysis of complete technical requirements (communications, hardware, software & IT standards) based on Ipad Simulator (SDK 3.2), designing, prototyping, coordination of development & equipment provisioning and deployment of the new website.
2007 – 2008
Lead User Interface Developer
Softeng: The Internet Company (Barcelona, Spain)
Front-End & UI Integrator (Barcelona, Spain)
Web Developer, Webcast Producer
Prous Science / Thomson Reuters (Barcelona, Spain)
Webcast production, including travelling around the world recording medical events. Other duties: sound synchronization, post production and encoding to publish on the web.
2005 – 2006
Front-end & eCommerce Developer
SoftWrap (London, UK)
Surfpin (London, UK)
2000 to 2005
Several Companies in Barcelona and Valencia (Spain)
During this time, I worked at: Concatel, MasMedios, Simplicity Technology & Solutions, Electronic Data Systems, Filmac Centre
Clients: Bank of Valencia, Bancaja, Valencia Congress, Bank of Ontinyent, Valencian Region Tourism Institute, National Observatory of Construction, University of Valencia, Deutsche Bank
August 2018 – Present
- Creating a retro-gaming product to be launched on Kickstarter. Coming soon!
2013 – PRESENT
Videographer & Blogger
Blogging and producing video became more than a hobby in 2013. After creating a few music videos for friends and corporations, I am now preparing my own YouTube channel. It’ll be a video blog, focusing on creativity, technology and coaching. First videos are already being produced.
This is a part time occupation, parallel to my Software Engineer position. See the Portfolio section to see some of my published works.
Java & JSP Certification
Electronic Data Systems
I was taught Java and I jumped to a real project right away. How cool is that.
MCP (Microsoft Certified Programmer): Visual Basic 6 Desktop Applications
You probably haven’t heard of Visual Basic 6. If you have, you’re at least as old as me. And you know that VB6 invented the “it works on my machine” saying. Meh.
1997 – 2000
Europe Centro de Formación
Bachelor of Arts
IB Fuente San Luís
Ah… the old times. I learnt greek and latin, and I ended up coding. If I only knew…!
Scrum Master Certification – Scrum.org
Usability & Accessibility advanced techniques
University of Murcia, Spain
Suse Enterprise Server 10 Enterprise Server, Network Administration
Seminar: Video Production for the Web
INEM (Spanish Job Agency)
Web Design with Macromedia Dreamweaver MX and Flash MX. Actionscript for Flash MX
INEM (Spanish Job Agency)
Graphic Design course: Graphic Design, Video Composing and Publicity Concepts. Photographic Techniques and Image Composition. Applications: Photoshop 7, 3D Studio MAX v5, Adobe Premiere 6.
Click here to download a PDF version of my Resume.
UI / UX
Sitecore Developer/Consultant (Contractor)
I worked with Luis for five months on a large Sitecore SXA build. He is a very competent frontend developer that is not afraid to learn new skills and experiment with new technologies to push his work and get the best result for the clients. Because of his extensive experience in software development, he became quickly the key frontend developer in our team. He was able to master the new technologies very quickly and set high-quality standards and patterns to follow for the other members of the team. Despite the time pressure, he is able to deliver the expected tasks while maintaining a high quality of the code. I totally recommend Luis for any frontend developer/lead role.
Product Owner / Bynder
I loved working with Luis. He brings a positive attitude with a healthy dose of humor to his work, no matter how tough the situation. Luis knows how to do hard technical work but he is also able to explain technically challenging subjects to less technical people like myself. Very often after talking to him all that was not clear suddenly became very clear. This was extremely valuable to me and helped to move things forward significantly. Luis is very T-shaped which helps to bring down potential silos in a company and look beyond just his own job.
Requirement Engineer / Netcentric
… a fun guy and everyone is glad to have him on our team.
… a experienced Frontend Developer. I worked with him on different complex international CQ5 projects.
… very dedicated and you can rely on him when the project gets tough. It is a pleasure to work with him.
… very passionate about finding new great talent for our frontend team. With his help we nearly quadrupled our frontend team in one year.
… a talented filmmaker. Everyone on netcentric is looking forward seeing his next great netcentric sailing trip movie.
Senior Frontend Lead Developer – AEM Developer / Netcentric
Luis is a very knowledgeable Software Engineer, with very extensive experience in both back-end and front-end development. And because of his great skills and personality, he is the perfect person to act as Team Lead. He is very approachable and friendly, and is always ready to give you his input and most valuable advice, or sit down with you and share tips if you need it. Luis is a very responsible and trustworthy professional, capable of organizing the team and assigning tasks and projects, supervising and correcting if needed, without ever showing arrogance or distance. He definitely is a best asset to our team and company and he would be for any team he ever joins, that is why I recommend him without hesitation.l
Techlead / Netcentric
Luis is an excellent professional and team lead. He is a great team player and natural leader. It’s great to have him in our team. His technical skills when it comes to web development are unparallelled and he’s also an perfectionist artist when it comes to photography and video. His work is always impecable and his contribution is invaluable. He is committed to deliver results and always succeeds at achieving the highest standards. He is a good colleague and a role model for our company.
Full stack web & mobile developer, UX-focused
Working with Luis is always a pleasure. His superior technical skills and long experience in web and software development guarantee that he will complete the project on time and with quality. On top of that, he brings his unique mix of charisma, dedication and empathy towards his colleagues which make him a great manager and a reference in the front-end team.
Engineer / Lodgify
Luis was a key member within our Frontend team, being the Team Lead, he is proactive, an excellent co-worker with brilliant communication skills. A knowledgeable developer, with a thirst for learning and challenging projects which keeps him at the edge of web technologies. I’m proud to have reported directly to Luis. Therefore I honestly recommend him.
Senior Frontend Software Engineer & Team Lead / Netcentric
Luis is a great front and backend developer, researchers, team leader, technical recruiter, movie producer and a fun person to work with. He’s is a dedicated and ambitious professional that can handle difficult projects and knows how to deliver under pressure. He’s always up to date with the latest technologies and is not afraid to try something new. You can always ask him for help and he will never let you down. I would definitely recommend him.
Francisco Manuel Rangel Pardo
CTO / Autoritas Consulting, S.A.
Luis es una persona con gran capacidad de relación y y una clara predisposición a ayudar a los demás. Se mueve por las redes sociales como pez en el agua, generando amistades que alimenta y además se preocupa de desvirtualizar.
Además, tiene una visión emprendedora 2.0 con muy buenas perspectivas, dominando diversas tecnologías de programación que le pueden permitir llevarlas a cabo, y además, no duda en ofrecer sus conocimientos para ayudar a los demás.
En mi opinión, ha sido un buen descubrimiento.
bilingual blog ;)
based in Barcelona and Valencia (Spain)
contact[at] luisnomad .com
Currently NOT available for HIRE